Sheldon Poor Farm and its residents, 1912
This 1912 photograph was featured in Steve Young's article, "Over the Hill to the Poor Farm," which appeared in Vermont Life in Spring 1990. Young observes that the building featured in the photograph burned down the following year and was replaced by a new structure that continued to function as a poor farm until 1968.
Steve Young, "Over the Hill to the Poor Farm," Vermont Life (Spring 1990), 14-19.
The photograph also appears on the website of the Sheldon Historical Society: http://www.sheldonvthistorical.org/Poor%20Farm.html, accessed 2/9/20.
Vermont Life Magazine
poor farms; 1910s